Monday, November 21, 2011

The Carrolls | Christmas Family Portrait



It seems like the Holiday's have gotten here so quickly this year! I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a few days and Christmas is right around the corner! I am definitely so thankful that I get to capture such precious memories this season. Last week I had the privilege to take some Christmas family photos for my sweet friend Ellen. She was actually the one who did my hair for my wedding day! We were also roommates on my recent trip to Ethiopia. You could say we've been friends for a while now. 

Ellen and Josh have such a precious family and we had so much fun on site. We headed out to a cotton field near Josh's hunting grounds. I just adore cotton fields! It's one of my favorite things about the south! Appropriately, we decided to do a "Southern White Christmas" theme for these photos. I knew before we even started shooting that these were going to be so lovely. I was right! I am gushing over this session. It's my favorite to date! 

Ellen and Josh make such a sweet couple! 



Their daughter Kadence is one of the most adorable little girls!

Ellen did a great job picking out their outfits too. I loved her jean dress and boots. It looked so good with Josh's brown sweater and Kadence's cute plaid dress!

This one just makes my heart so happy. I love families.

I took a few of just Josh and Ellen. They haven't had many photos done of just them, so I fixed that! I love how these turned out with the sun setting behind them on the old country road.

Oh, the eyes! The eyes!

Here's one last one of Kadence the cutie! 

PS: I have a new logo! I am so excited about having a new look to Jennifer Blair Photography! I hope to write a little more about my new direction. I should have it all finished by time 2012 gets here!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Ellen and Kadence look so much alike. I really like the first collage! It's super fun :)

abigail said...

l♥♥♥♥ve(!!!) these pictures! great job, Jen! =)

*abby*

Laura Nelson said...

These are beautiful :) I love your new watermark and this location is so dreamy! You did such a wonderful job :)
xoxo

Sonia Ama said...

This shoot is so darn cute!! And the business blog is looking great, I'm so glad it's working out so well!

sarah {on the brightside...} said...

such beautiful family photos! they are perfect for Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

great logo

{amy k.} said...

i've been dying to take some photos in a cotton field- so fabulous! these are amazing!

Hosanna said...

GREAT pictures!!! I love them! So cute!! I really like the first one!!!

In Christ
Hosanna

Hannah said...

What a gorgeous family!! The lighting is so dreamy and wonderful in them! I noticed your new logo and pretty watermark, it's all beautiful! Love following your blog!!

Meredith Sledge said...

I am SO totally impressed with your photography, Jennifer. These pictures are absolutely incredible! WOW. You are a natural!