Monday, December 5, 2011

Olivia & Mackensie | Christmas Portrait


I loved making forts as a kid. My siblings and I would always carry as many blankets and pillows my mom would allow out to our tree fort. Some how covering it with blankets made it magical. Suddenly we became knights and princesses in a foreign land, just by crawling inside. A child's imagination is something I often wish I could have again. Although I can't literally go back to my child-like state, I am able to get a glimpse into that world when I do sessions with children. When Olivia and Mackensie arrived at our session location I had them play in a tent I made for them. It took me back to the days of telling secrets, dress up and make-believe. For a few hours, I was in their world...


"I want a Dora doll" Mackensie said in response to my question. I loved Christmas as a kid. Its so exciting. Imagination comes alive more than ever during this season. Everything about Christmas is sheer thrill. The anticipation of tearing open the presents is almost too much to bear at times. I could see how much these girls were looking forward to the Christmas festivities. Just putting the prop present into their hands made them excited!


There is nothing like having a sister as you grow up. They make seasons like this more special when you can share those memories. These two are so sweet together. It reminded me of how my sister and I used to play when I was little. There are something that only little girls can share together. I was always close to my brothers as well, but sisters have a completely different bond altogether. On Christmas Eve my sister and I would stay up until the early morning hours just talking about what was to come in the morning! I can imagine that Olivia and Mackensie do something similar! 


It brings me so much joy to capture moments like this during this season. I loved playing with these two for a while! Their sisterly love shines through every photo. I can't wait to see what these two grow up to be! I know they will grow into godly young women!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shoot! good on ya for being able to capture that bond. i was defenitly seeing it!
capturedbythelense.blogspot.com

Marli said...

*gasp* a cotton field?!?! we love cotton fields! especially for a photo shoot. ;)

beautiful girlies.

Faith said...

Jennifer, these look great! I like the simplicity of the scenery. It really brings out the color of their outfits (and their cute, smiling faces)!